From October to December, dining options in the UAE’s capital will increase
The Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi (DCT Abu Dhabi) has announced the return of Abu Dhabi Culinary Season, the emirate’s annual six-week celebration of innovative food experiences.
On a mission to establish the emirate as a leading international culinary destination with remarkable and diverse culinary-themed programming, Abu Dhabi Culinary, DCT (Abu Dhabi’s dedicated industry enabler platform), has already been effective in securing the capital’s position as host of the inaugural celebration of MENA’s 50 Best Restaurants, to take place in February 2022. The event will see gastronomes from around the globe descend on the capital.
Ahead of this pivotal event, Abu Dhabi Culinary Season will whet the appetite for dining in the emirate.
“Following two years of evolution and growth, this year’s Abu Dhabi Culinary Season promises to cement Abu Dhabi’s standing as a must-visit destination for global ‘gastronomads’, thereby supporting local establishments by generating footfall and revenue, and contributing to the emirate’s overall success in the tourism sector,” says HE Executive Director Ali Al Shaiba of the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi.
Running across the UAE capital from 18 October until 9 December 2021, festival offerings will include:
- Food Forward: a series of experiential supper clubs and exclusive dining experiences from 19 to 23 October. Leading international gourmands to take part will include Anthony Demetre and chef Faisal Naser, confirmed to be bringing their kitchen prowess to the iconic Emirates Palace
- Chef’s Table: a series in which 20 of the city’s best restaurants will serve exclusive multi-course menus, entertainment, masterclasses, collaborations with Emirati chefs from 25 October to 27 November. Restaurants participating include LPM, Coya, Villa Toscana, Hakkasan, Buddha Bar and Beirut Sur Mer
- The Craftmanship Dinner: an exclusive partnership with domestic appliances brand Gaggenau, to pay homage to Emirati craftsmen and weave connections between heritage and culinary skills at a special gathering at Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Festival launches: Abu Dhabi Culinary Season will celebrate the emirate’s gastronomic diversity with the launch of concepts including Paradiso, Bushra and Akiba Dori at the new Yas Bay development on Yas Island, the city’s entertainment and leisure capital
- Circus-themed afternoon tea at Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers beginning 1 November 2021 and continuing beyond the festival until 30 January 2022
For more information, visit https://abudhabiculinary.ae/